|Numbers and notes from 03/08, Cross-posted at labangel's corner|
I'm trying out a new format. Let me know how you like it!
Life: I stayed local in February but I am considering making the trip to a friend's graduation in May.
- Highlight of my month: Going to the Exploratorium on Valentine's Day. It was open in the evening for adults-only, plus they had special chocolate-themed exhibits. I'll definitely be on the lookout for more of their adults-only evenings.
- I went to a Cal Performances show in Berkeley with an old colleague. The show itself was overpriced; I'll only go again if a show -really- intrigues me. But my friend and I chatted for hours afterwards over food and coffee. I super enjoyed catching up since I hadn't seen her since last year!
- Finally, I made my boyfriend watch a couple episodes of Marie Kondo and he hated it. He couldn't understand why she was so happy and squealed with joy whenever she entered the home. He understood why I felt vindicated by her philosophy of tidy tho. For years I've wanted him to assign a designated place for his household things. Haha!
Health & wellness: I worked out 12 times in February.
- I went to the optometrist and used up last and this years' FSA funds for a year of contacts. I spent $70 on top of insurance and FSA: $10 in copay, $30 for a special test to check for blood flow, etc. which was healthy, $30 to express my Meibomian gland since the optometrist said it was clogged and causing the dryness in my right eye. Afterwards I watched videos about it and will use a warm towel on my eyes if I notice a clog going forward. Now that I've tried them, I won't do the special test or gland expression again.
- I got a hair trim. Yay no more split ends!
- I converted my Traditional IRA to Roth.
- I started taxes around President's Day and plan to file by next week. I'll need to pay a lot in federal taxes since I didn't have enough withheld and I'll get a state tax refund. I'm pooling together extra cash to pay the IRS next month.
- I scheduled an appointment with a Grove financial planner in mid-March for me and my boyfriend. It cost me the early bird price of $600 since I got on the wait list last year; their regular price is $900 annually. We connected all our accounts before scheduling the appointment and the planner asked me to fill out a spreadsheet with our cash flow, earnings, etc. before our appointment.
- I think I spend less time keeping up with media now. I worry less about coordinating my schedule with my boyfriend's too. I'm spending that time doing Leetcode a few hours a week instead. I've solved 21 questions so far.
- At my boyfriend's recommendation, I'm trying out Pomotodo to track my time at work. I like it so far but often forget to start tracking when I start working on something.