|Numbers and notes from 04/20, Cross-posted at labangel's corner|
Life: Still local since the last entry. Still planning on visiting a friend in mid-May. Still haven't booked flights yet.
- Highlight of my month: I went to Women Who Code's Connect 2019 conference in SF. I volunteered for WWC so I got to attend for free. I really enjoyed getting to learn about all the amazing women working in my industry.
- I went to San Francisco's Cherry Blossom Festival in Japantown last weekend. The weekend before I met a friend to walk in Golden Gate Park for an afternoon.
- I'm Konmarie'ing my boyfriend's apartment to some extent by giving him closet and drawer organizers. I commute to and from his place so nowadays we spend most nights together. We also attended a friend's engagement party together this past month and got invited to another friend's wedding in July.
Health & wellness: I worked out 14 times in March. But I'm skipping the evening classes I usually attend at the company gym lately and working late instead. I won't match this number in April.
- I got a DXA scan earlier this week and I'm composed of 36% body fat, which put's me at 80th percentile for 20-somethings. I was at 36% one year ago, I plateaued. I need to start watching what I eat, especially sweets, in order to make progress getting a healthier body. -_-
- I tried out a few dance studios nearby and decided I like the fitness classes at my company's gym the best.
- I filed federal and state taxes. But I think I made a mistake entering the cost-basis of the stocks I bought through ESPP so I want to go back and check whether I need to file an amendment.
- Grove was really good in getting my boyfriend more comfortable thinking about and discussing questions around finances and goals as a couple. He learned the concept of having limited investment options in a 401K and is thinking about the pros and cons of rolling over his old 401K vs. keeping it as-is. I was surprised to learn that he knew what accredited investors were and had done some research about becoming one.
- My boyfriend and I also discussed goals we wanted to reach before and after meeting with the Grove financial advisor. It's made the future seem a lot more concrete and close-at-hand.
- I got a warning from my manager that I -need- to show results at work so I've been really diligent in the office for the past month. I use Pomotodo every day to track when I work and what I work on. I also plan what to work on each day and Pomotodo makes me keep re-focusing on completing those tasks.
- My boyfriend cooks more and it's done alot freeing up energy and willpower I expend for food. I used to pick up dinner from a restaurant for both of us on my way to his home. Lately I have dinner at work while he cooks himself chicken breasts or other frozen food. He packs tea in my water bottle in the morning for me to drink during my commute to work. And he keeps oatmeal or can make me eggs in the morning on the weekends. Spending the night with him makes me feel less guilty about going to work early and staying late because we still spend sufficient time together. So him leveling up in the home and kitchen is indirectly helping me focus on my career.