Net Worth Comparison
By Age
$320,857
$6,227,224
By Occupation
$199,952
$4,623,734
By Education
($80,682)
$7,132,000
By Salary
$19,972
$6,227,224

mr21's Profile

Currency
United States Dollar - USD
Date Joined
1/6/2018
Salary Range
150,000 - 199,999
Occupation
Government
Age Range
50-54
About Me
Married couple (both work for local gov't) with one child - 17 years old
Why I Joined
To track my net worth and learn from other people's success and mistakes.
Best Financial Decision
Live below our means, pay off credit cards monthly, and keep our cars as long as possible
Worst Financial Decision
Having credit card debt until my mid-30s and chasing returns when making investment choices
Current Investing Strategy
Keeping it simple with the Bogleheads "Three-Fund Portfolio" approach using low cost index funds through Vanguard and Fidelity. Current allocation = 40% total U.S. stocks/10% total international stocks/50% total bonds. Planning to retire by 2023 and have our child graduate college without student loan debt
What tools do you use?
PersonalCapital.com, FireCalc, NetworthShare
Favorite Authors
John Bogle and JL Collins
Last Login
12/2/2019
Net Worth Entries
All values shown in USD ($)
2019 - December $1,291,502 $0 $1,291,502
2019 - November $1,281,939 $0 $1,281,939
2019 - October $1,275,381 $0 $1,275,381
2019 - September $1,275,568 $0 $1,275,568
2019 - August $1,267,491 $0 $1,267,491
2019 - July $1,266,295 $0 $1,266,295
2019 - June $1,228,832 $0 $1,228,832
2019 - May $1,247,178 $0 $1,247,178
2019 - April $1,225,295 $0 $1,225,295
2019 - March $1,182,700 $0 $1,182,700
2019 - February $1,161,878 $0 $1,161,878
2019 - January $1,119,456 $0 $1,119,456
2018 - December $1,157,709 $0 $1,157,709
2018 - November $1,141,394 $0 $1,141,394
2018 - October $1,189,710 $0 $1,189,710
2018 - September $1,198,215 $0 $1,198,215
2018 - August $1,174,449 $0 $1,174,449
2018 - July $1,157,086 $0 $1,157,086
2018 - June $1,154,631 $0 $1,154,631
2018 - May $1,142,843 $0 $1,142,843
2018 - April $1,118,215 $0 $1,118,215
2018 - March $1,117,110 $0 $1,117,110
2018 - February $1,130,100 $0 $1,130,100
2018 - January $1,114,759 $0 $1,114,759
2017 - January $952,375 $0 $952,375
2016 - January $1,031,993 $292,227 $739,766
2015 - January $1,003,685 $298,691 $704,994
2014 - January $928,430 $304,950 $623,480
2013 - January $756,159 $304,027 $452,132
2012 - January $700,277 $297,694 $402,583
2011 - January $630,520 $298,514 $332,006
2010 - January $649,760 $301,264 $348,496
2009 - November $641,098 $303,655 $337,443